Friday, April 15, 2005

Upon my thoughts today

Not much sports today, though Sheff should have thrown an Artest level beating to the bum in right field, but he's a good guy.

I miss being in college. I miss waking up at 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon for weeks in a row. I miss staying up until 3:00 in the morning every night. I miss Thursday nights being one of the best nights of the week. I miss Friday night, which could be a raging party or a chilled out night with a few friends at the room, (but certainly was not me being tired and wanting to sleep off a week of work). I miss video games for hours on end. I miss intramural basketball, Fieldhouse pick-ups, Hart Center full-courts, and Stein Court games. I miss going to Scotties place on Cambridge, and the walk back hours later. I miss old Cambridge apartments, and old Autumn Chase, and old Crackhouse. I miss "Family Dinner". I miss buffet dining, and watching my friends gorge. I miss going to Texaco, going to Wendy's, and going to G&M. I miss Roadrunner, and Xing Xing, and Pizzeria Delight. I dont miss the food, but i miss going to Kimball. I miss the walk down the back of campus to Cambridge, and the walk down Caro to Autumn Chase. I miss skipping class. I miss going to class and impressing people who had studied much longer and harder (yeah it sounds egotistical, but it made me feel good). I miss the Stein bridge and the doors to Hogan 1. I miss Mulledy 1, Lehy 2, Healy 2, and Loyola 4. I miss all the people I ever had a session with. I miss the same dudes who I always had a session with. I miss beruit and 12 packs of Natty. I miss spending hundreds of dollars at Bottled Liquors (Chieftan) when I was 18 and my ID said I was 24. I miss them always carding Butthole and not me. I miss going to class for the sole purpose of seeing the hot girl or two in my class. I miss those 5 minute walks around campus in the snow when I couldn't do what I want to do in my room. I miss scavenger hunts for change in all of my clothes so I could get a drink at the machines. I miss seeing the sunrise twice in the same period of being awake. I miss knocking out a 10 page paper in 2 1/2 hours, and having it be awesome. I miss a lot of stuff today, but Its all good.

Yes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->