Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Upon Quick Updates

Bad weekend for the Yankees against the Sox, and a loss last night against the Royals. If ever a bi-polar team there were, the 2005 Bombers are that. (or something). I still think Baltimore returns to Earth, and the Yankees are within a game of first by the All-Star Break. Second half runs often carry teams to titles, as recent Red Sox, Marlins, and Angels titles indicate.

Phoenix nearly ruined my prediction out West, but may have only staved off elimination for one game. I wrote about their style of play very early in the season, and its merits in the playoffs. I even used the Spurs as a litmus test, and I think the flaws in the all O, little D system are emerging. Many teams in the NBA are great in a gunfight, if their opponent is content not to defend. Amare's block of Duncan notwithstanding, the Suns need to play defense like they usually run the break; first, last, and often.

Larry Brown barely used LeBron or Carmelo in the Olympics, and never plays Darko. Let's make him the GM of LeBron's franchise. Can he design a system similar to the one he had in Philly with AI, only creating the offense through the taller and more pass-friendly James? I am sure Carlos Boozer would have reconsidered his jump if he were able to look down the road to this move.

Thats all for now, I am going to work on my blog's set-up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->