Thursday, January 06, 2005

Upon "Home-made"

I am wondering today whether the claim of Home-made, or home-cooked, is an effective marketing tool. I think claiming something is as good as home-made would have an appeal for people who have parents who are good cooks. For me, if I make an association with food I can buy prepared and the food made at my home, I think "that would taste good". However, what about the people whose parents make crappy food? Do they hear ,chicken that tastes like home made and think "Ewww. Not going to that place"? I've been to the homes of others where the food was awful, so if one's idea of home-made reflects those awful food homes, then I am not interested.

Further, why would a restaraunt offer home-made food? Isn't the reason you go to a restaraunt to not have home-made food? One could argue that it is to avoid cooking, but then you are paying an exhorbitant amout just so you dont have to cook.

I have far too much time on my hands....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->