Thursday, February 24, 2005

Upon Las Vegas

I have returned from Las Vegas after a 4.5 day visit with my buddy Nik. I stayed at the house he and his roommate live in on the outskirts of Vegas, which saved a good deal on the hotel room. Some highlights:

- Walking the Strip all day on Sunday. It was great fun to walk around the most famous part of Las Vegas imbibing and laughing. I spent only $60 dollars on roulette and slots, and my gaming bug was sated. The rollercoaster at New York New York was fun, and the water show in front of the Bellagio was cool in the daylight and even better at night. I saw the Lions in MGM Grand (but no Ligers).

- The Spearmint Rhino. I can not tout the virtues of this place highly enough.(Actually, virtues may not be the right word, but I digress.) If you are in Vegas, do yourself a favor and visit.

- The Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay The club crowd was not at its best, but the layout was fantastic, the drinks were copious, and the balcony provided a great view of the Strip. I will try to upload some pics later in the week. Taking a picture actually allowed for a fortunate meeting. We asked a guy passing by to take a pic of us over the Strip, and noticed a New York accent. We made a return trip to the Rhino and he and his girlfriend joined us. Bringing a woman to the Rhino is definitely a good look.

Lowlights from the trip included the constant rain, the hail one day, and the somewhat disappointing club crowds. Otherwise it was a great time, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

And Bogie, if you are seeing this, it becomes harder and harder to draw a performance like the one all of us put on in Cancun from your body as you grow older. I had to draw deeply from the reserve well of Champ It, and find myself now depleted.

Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->