Friday, February 16, 2007

Upon a Long Time Gone

Remember Me?

Well the Cleverly Titled Blog known as the Widening Geier may receive a revival. Graduate school has slowed me down a great deal, but I am taking my inspiration from Kevin's continued posting on Countryuniverse.net and getting my ass in gear. Seriously, I can give 30 mins to an hour each day.

So, onto stuff:

The Knicks head in to this weekend's All-Star break with the same number of wins as they had durin all of last year. With another 30 games left to play, the team lives on the fence between tantalizing and frustrating. On one hand, they get big wins against superior teams, a break-out season for David Lee, nights of Shaq-ish-ness from Eddy Curry, 52 from Jamal Crawford, resurgence from Steph. Then, they switch and lose games they have controlled, blow leads, can't get defense from Curry, and exist in mediocrity in the paltry East.

The Yankees just reported for pitchers and catchers down in Tampa. Mariano is asking for an extension before the season starts, threatening an open market for negotiations for every team when his contract expires at the end of the season. I don't want to think about a Yankee team without Mariano, and can not bear to see him run out of another team's bullpen.

Speaking of players who should never wear another uniform, Bernie Williams can not get a guaranteed spot on the Yankee roster. The Yankees' desire to carry 12 pitchers and a platoon at first base has pushed Bernine out of a spot currently. However, I think if Reuben Sierra can find a place on this squad for years after he stopped playiing the field, then one of the great Yankees of the modern era can get one more go-round.

Peyton Manning and the Colts won a blase Super Bowl against the Bears. I'm at least that story-line can be taken behind the barn and shot. Let the "Eli vs Peyton" comparisons go into overdrive.

I need to get this first post out there, just so I will have something to follow up on.

I think we're back

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

For the record, I titled my blog post "Upon Rascal Flatts" before reading this post, and seeing the brilliant name drop of a Dixie Chicks classic.

Talk about your perfect coincidences! Welcome back!

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->