Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Upon Feeling Like a Don Henly Song

"Nobody on the road, nobody on the beach, a feeling in the air, the summer's out of reach"

Back to business after another layoff. The season of Summer has slipped by faster than I can ever remember it passing. I swam in the ocean only once, drank on the beach only twice, got sunburned only once. Last year I was a fixture in the bar on Thursday nights, this year I haven't even been to Connolly's. Last year I "champed it" at least 3 times a week, this year I'm lucky if I can find 4 occasions a month to rage it up.

When I graduated in 2003, there was a brief lag between my late May Graduation Day, and my official commencement of work on July 1. I did go into work to learn the position throughout June, but I was not a fully-culpable employee. Last year I began work at 9 AM, I got a full hour to take lunch, and had not been in my position long enough where I was relied upon heavily.

Times have changed...

more to follow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->