Thursday, January 27, 2005

Upon Quick Updates

In an effort to keep this blog more continually updated, I am going to drop quick updates on the days that I do not have much time to post extensively.

Knicks- Lenny got the ax, and my boy Herb Williams has taken over in the interim role. Too bad for Wilkins, but the writing was on the wall for a while now. Nice to see the Knicks 4th quarter replacement for Patrick Ewing in blowouts get a head-coaching gig. I would love to see Phil Jackson come to NY and put his magic-touch on the Knicks.

One plus on the switch is seeing different people get some run. Ariza has started a few games, Vin Baker, Jamison Brewer, and Bruno Sundov have found their way off the bench, and the rotation has been changing as I said it needed to. The losses haven't stopped though, and the ship must be righted before the playoffs disappear on the horizon.

Mets- Missed on Delgado, but picked up Doug M (I'm not looking it up right now) from the Red Sox. I think he can still be a good player, who fields the ball as well as anyone over at first. Mets keep it moving, and Minaya is trying to put a good team out there. Good for the Mets, I'll tune in for some games for sure.

NFL- Hard to bet against the Patriots in the Super Bowl, but I just get the sense that this little Bosaton run of success has gone on a bit too long. I am gonna pick the Eagles 27-23.

NHL- Come on, lets do 30 games and get hockey back. Talks continue....eventually.

Pitchers and catchers report in about three weeks.

That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->