Thursday, August 16, 2007

Upon Some More things to Stop

This post has no real significance other than to vent:

STOP- calling rapper 50 Cent Fiddy or Fitty. You look horribly out of touch when you write that or pronounce his moniker like that. No one calls him "Fiddy" except white people who think they are making an in-touch reference. You are embarassing yourselves STOP


STOP- wearing your bluetooth all day. First it was pagers, then car phones, then talking on cell phones in public spaces (restaurants, offices). Now everyone thinks they should keep their bluetooth headset in all day long. It is bad enough with business people, but at least some jobs call for constant phone contact. The rest of the people, and we all know who they are, just look ridiculous. STOP

STOP- coming out with one-hour dramas about doctors, lawyers, or cops. Seriously, are those the only three professions that make for good television shows? Politicians should probably go in this rant too. I know many doctors, lawyers and cops, and their lives are usually not glamourous or worth making 6 series on 3 networks. (no offense to any of the foregoing who I might know). I know that the underlying life and death and criminal justice angles appeal to many people, but what hasn't been covered in these genres? Is it easier to just stick with what works?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, I called him Fifty when his name came up on my blog. I couldn't bring myself to type anything other than that, as I am horribly, horribly white.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

lol, Fifty is fine. Fiddy or Fitty is bad.

I changed the wording to avoid the "horribly white" issue.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->