Thursday, October 20, 2005

Upon another Stop Award

and the stop award goes to... VH1 countdown/commentary shows

I may be a bit late to the party with this, but can we stop with the damn countdowns and comment shows? "The 50 Lamest Videos", "the best week ever", "the 75 hottest Senior Citizens"...etc. I know MTV hardly ever shows music, but they have original programming. VH1 is trotting out the same tired formula again and again, and conveniently not having to pay for new programming. Here's how I envision the conversation between execs going:
"Hey, lets just go to the vault and dig out some old videos, then hire some third rate commedians to mock these videos!"
"Cool, do you think we can get some D-list washed-up celebrities to contribute?".
"Of course, but we have to make sure that they also carry themselves as though a 2 year sitcom in 1971, or a stint on reality television makes them far better than the artists in these videos."
"Awesome, do you have a better lighter, I can't get my crack rock to light up"
"No problem. I have another great wrinkle. When we do a commentary show about something, let's borrow on the formula that worked really well with the first I love the 80's. I bet that won't ever get old. We could probably even replace the funny people we got for the first show with people who attempt to be funny like them."
"Brilliant. Remember that one guy with the dry sarcastic wit? Can we get someone who makes jokes like that, only they don't really know how?"
"Good call. Let's also get a black commedian, any black commedian, regardless of whether they are funny. Say, I think my crack buzz is running out. What do you say we let that retarded monkey we keep in the basement finish this up while we go score some krills?"

Yes, I know if i don't like it don't watch, but the TV quality bar is pulled lower and lower the more crap we allow on air without some sort of protest. And yes, this is probably the closest I will come to doing something about it, but still.....

VH1, those clip and commentary shows.... STOP!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see the blog is still going strong! I'm going to get caught up on the archives.

Oh, and I DVR'd all 10 episodes of "I Love The 80's 3D." And CMT's 100 Greatest Duets. I'm one of the assholes that keeps things like this going strong!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're just working up to the Top 100 VH1 Countdown shows of all time.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

To 2nd Anonymous

sure..STOP reading if you don't like it

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->