Monday, October 17, 2005

Upon popular demand

Some people have requested an increase in non-sports posting, to complement the sports that I frequently obsess over. I in no way plane to stop talking about sports, or even lessen the amount of sports I talk about now. However, I do have other things on my mind. For instance:

The Stop Award- The Stop Award will be presented to any person, thing, or event that happens to be bothering me, which I feel needs to stop. There will be no limit on how many can be handed out, or any other qualification on the Stop Award (other than my own personal whim). Let's begin.

and the Stop Award goes to- the phrase bling bling When a phrase that originated in the slums on Louisana and gained national fame in Cash Money artist BG's song of the same name, is utilized by the Monsignor during a homily, it is the surest sign ever that this expression must be retired. (speaking of the cross as jewlery) "This symbol of our faith has been turned into bling-bling by many celebrities". he strung the words closely together, and delivered them in a sing-song fashion. Blue-haired old ladies nodded knowingly. While I agree with the spirit of the message, I can not accept this word's continued existance in the common vernacular, especially when a priest is in effect quoting a rapper.

If you still happen to use the expression "Bling Bling"-STOP!

(see this will be fun)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->